Effective as of February 1, 2022
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise, includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payments and transactional data needed to process online donations including name, contact data, payment information (including credit card information), billing information, and your transaction history. Our online donations are currently processed through PayPal or DonorBox. To view the information they collect, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
- Information you provide to us in connection with submitting an application for a grant.
- Information that you provide to us in connection with volunteering to help us at an event.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our services, activities, events, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Content that you may upload through the Service or otherwise share with us, such as documents, files, photographs, audio and video files, and any metadata associated with this content.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with information we obtain from other sources related to you (such as from PayPal regarding the amount of your donation).
Automatic data collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Service and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Activity and usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- communicate with you, your affiliates or your organization about your grant applications, donations, and/or the events or fundraising activities we are engaging in, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- thank you or otherwise communicate with you about a donation;
- communicate with you about a relief fund application;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Promoting events. We may send you communications promoting events that are fundraising on behalf of the Freaks Action Network events as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our email communications as described in the Opt-out of promotional communications section below.
We may use your personal information to analyze and improve the Service. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties (only in aggregated form) if required by applicable law or for other lawful purposes.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service providers. Companies, nonprofits and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as information technology, hosting, and donation processing vendors).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants as we believe in good faith to be necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
Opt-out of informational and promotional communications. You may opt out of emails and other communications that describe our fundraising activities, solicit donations, or promote our events or activities by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and/or our Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track. We do not currently employ a process for automatically responding to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals sent by web browsers, mobile devices, or other mechanisms. Third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use the Service. You may opt out of online behavioral ads at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You also may limit certain tracking by disabling cookies in your web browser.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Service contains links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
Industry standard security measures designed to protect personal information are employed by us and our hosting providers. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States and other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
We do not knowingly collect personal information through the Service from children under 13 without the consent of their parent or guardian as required by law, but if we learn that we have done so inadvertently, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have collected personal information through the Service from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us at:
Freaks Action Network, Inc.
865 Oliver Avenue, Valley Stream, NY 11581